Saturday, January 06, 2007

connections

no icicles melt this year
my memory freezes instead

out the backdoor, the cat escapes.
in the backdoor of my heart, he remains.

"see you"
see me.

teacups, coffee rings, emptied ash trays.
full garbage can. full fridge.

flash frozen veggies,
damp wind,
stale smells,
chirpy laughs,
small conversations.
woolen mittens warm my strangely cold hands.

they shake. these fingers. polished, painted unnatural colours.
gems.
vessels.

seemingly unconnected.
data, visions, senses.
like veins, these slide shows, flashing memories
they are related.

melting into eachother.

and like a circle weaving in and out
within and without
like smoke curling backwards
a reversal of the wind,
i see you from here.

there.
miles away in so many ways, distance time and feeling
you said "see you"
see me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home